yo-yo fishing reel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I ordered mine to make an order up from the states, the catfish is a big meaty fish so they probably wouldn't work so well on whats left in british waters.

little point in running them off the back of a boat in place of an existing trailing line

speedhooks are a different matter and work well with any size of fish, somebody said they were invented by a one handed bloke but having had them stuck in my fingers by accident then there is no way you could comfortably set them one handed.

a combination of the two would be interesting :)

Just what I was thinking.....

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Just a thought, but as my YO-YO has nylon cord rather than traditional fishing line, would it be better to use fishing line.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
the cord is there for price and strength as it wont fail suddenly unless you hook swamp thing, your supposed to add fishing line to the nylon cord to make it up. to how you want it. it should be set long enough to get to depth then retract so the hook comes to the surface I find four feet is enough to allow a weight and floating bait set up.

the military speedhooks come with dried crayfish flavour bait and an advice sheet, its also supposed to be good for birds and squirrels. I have one in my oh bugger tin and another one I havent seen for four years and really should try and find so I can play with it :)

the nato fishing kits are pretty good as are the american aircrew kits which have gaff hooks and all sorts.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
i plan to set mine under a pier and return thenext day,and under the pier is big pollack and john dory the size of dinner plates!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE