Yet another possible pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi all, i posted a photo of my knife set up last week and said that i would have to make a possibles pouch to go with the knife set,so this is my possibles pouch i've made.

Anyway i thought you might like a wee look.

Its turned out better than i thought it would.
Oh thanks for looking.

Reactions: tomtom

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
very nice! - love the carving! :D ........... wish i could draw! :(

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
nice piece of work that i've been contemplaiting something of a similar design my self and i've just got some nice carving tool too so i'll post my efforts when i get them finished

James

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Stuart F. That is absolutely fantastic. Cracking job M8.

The artwork , how on earth did you do that?
I have just tried engraving (?) a pouch, using the Dremel with a mini diamond head. It was a great opportunity to make a lot of noise and mess.

Results, however, left a lot wanting and so,I scrapped the panel and started again on more modest lines.

But all your artwork looks like its been hand-pouted, must,ve taken forever.

Gratcongulations! :You_Rock_

Ceeg

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Seagull said:
Stuart F. That is absolutely fantastic. Cracking job M8.

The artwork , how on earth did you do that?
I have just tried engraving (?) a pouch, using the Dremel with a mini diamond head. It was a great opportunity to make a lot of noise and mess.

Results, however, left a lot wanting and so,I scrapped the panel and started again on more modest lines.

But all your artwork looks like its been hand-pouted, must,ve taken forever.

Gratcongulations! :You_Rock_

Ceeg

Hi Seagull, actually it was really quite simple and did'nt take that long. How i did it was to draw the design i wanted and then used heavyweight tracing(140gsm) paper to trace the design(you could just trace any design you want from a book ,magazine even), then i stuck the traced design with sticky tape onto the leather,next i stuck a leather sewing needle into a cork from a wine bottle then just engraved on top of the design, by using heavyweight tracing paper it wont rip when you use the needle on it. When you've finished going over the design with the needle,peel away the paper and the design will be embossed onto the leather,i then went over the picture a couple of times again with the needle.Job done!

I hope that this helps and is clearer than mud :)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
That's really nice Stuart.
You make it sound so easy. It's something that never fails to surprise me the way folk with artistic tendancies can make things look a breeze.

Looks like a handy size. :)

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
wolf said:
i love the wolf well done... :)any reason why you chose a wolf?

Hi Wolf, sorry to have taken so long to reply but i have been away working, the carving on the front of the pouch is that of a foxes head, i wanted to go for a british forest scene hence the fox and the deer in the woods,the carved firesteel handle is supposed to be a wolfs head,there was no particular reason for the subjects i,m afraid, its just i like wildlife in general.

All there is for me to do now is to get out and use them, :D

J

JadaFecT

very nice. love the design. An online tutorial would be lovely ;)

I assume the carving was done before putting it together?

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
JadaFecT said:
very nice. love the design. An online tutorial would be lovely ;)

I assume the carving was done before putting it together?

Hi JadaFecT, when you say a tutorial do you mean for the whole thing or just for the embossing of the picture?. The carving was the last bit i done on the pouch.

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Great pouch stuart. Look forward to seeing it at next meet. Have you planned what to fill it with yet?
Still hoping to discuss that great shelter youmade recently.
George :You_Rock_

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Big Geordie said:
Great pouch stuart. Look forward to seeing it at next meet. Have you planned what to fill it with yet?
Still hoping to discuss that great shelter youmade recently.
George :You_Rock_

Hi George, i plan to put my first aid kit in there as i always kept it in my rucksack,and inevitably bled all over other gear :rolleyes: but now i will have it to hand. I have'nt quite sorted out what else is going in there yet.

Ps i will be on Islay next Tuesday and Wed, if your over that way,failing that i will see you at the next meet to have a natter, all the best mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE