Yet another MFS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I wasn't going to do one, never really got me excited but here I am :rolleyes:

I picked up Canoe Paddles: A Complete Guide to Making Your Own by Warren Graham, great book on making your own paddles and general woodwork and I was mucking about transferring the profiles etc and decided to make a paddle. Not a full size one, just a small sugar island to play around with the ideas and techniques. To cut a long story short, rather than shave it down to the proper paddle profile I left it deep and carved a bowl so it's my 'paddle spoon' :cool: Pretty pleased for a first attempt at a paddle and a spoon, a couple of irregularities in the bowl and also it may not be quite symmetrical but it may be the grain misleading my eye ;)

Looks nice, kept me occupied for the afternoon and will be a good cooking spoon. :D

Cheers,

Alan

2852872755_a18969ef3e.jpg

2852872741_aee94e7b23.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek:
It's what you stir porridge with. :D
The best ones are not turned but carved into a kind of wedge end that gets right into the corner of the pot.

Ulster Scots.........okay, so that's Lallans, some French, some Doric, a wheen of English and some of the Irish too.......I think she has me beat :D

cheers,
M

Yep, she uses a wheen a lot, and Och,and Aye, if she dosen't know something it's "I dinnie nae", I wouldn't is "I woodne", I couldn't is I coudne" we have 1 weain, etc etc. And her granny is even better!! Still, it's only 19 miles to scotland. Off topic I know, but you started it with your wonderful words, lol:D
Anyhow, I still love that Spoon/paddle/porrage stirer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE