Yesterday I went to the lake. Came back today. (Picture heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
A small autumn trip to the lake. Left home yesterday evening.
08101801start.jpg

En route:
08101802enroute.jpg

08101803enroute.jpg

There, getting dark:
08101804lake.jpg

Fixing supper:
08101805supper.jpg

Early to bed:
08101806bedtime.jpg

Slept late:
08101807morning.jpg

Breakfast time:
08101808breakfast.jpg

While the porridge is getting ready in the food thermos:
08101809cooking.jpg

08101810cooking.jpg

08101811cooking.jpg

Packed and ready to leave:
08101812packed.jpg

En route:
08101813enroute.jpg

08101814enroute.jpg

08101815closeup.jpg

08101816enroute.jpg

Home again:
08101817end.jpg

It started to rain here at noon... :D

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Hows The Hammock and underblanket for Smålandsk spring and autumn? Thinking about trying hammocking, but being a danish grounddweller, i'm a bit sceptical :rolleyes:

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
Hows The Hammock and underblanket for Smålandsk spring and autumn? Thinking about trying hammocking, but being a danish grounddweller, i'm a bit sceptical :rolleyes:

I'm new to hammocks myself. This was only the second time I slept in a hammock. But I like it! But you really need an underquilt. Otherwise it's too cold underneath. I just use an unzipped sleepingbag as a topquilt. Stick my feet in the bag and pull it over me. Comfy and warm.

A.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Looks like a great spot - thanks for sharing it with us.

you really need an underquilt. Otherwise it's too cold underneath. I just use an unzipped sleepingbag as a topquilt. Stick my feet in the bag and pull it over me. Comfy and warm.

That is the technique I use too. Lovely and warm! I sleep better in the hamoock than I do at home.

Simon

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
I sleep better in the hamoock than I do at home.

I brought a book and read for perhaps an hour before I fell asleep. Very relaxing to swing slowly, read and feel warm and cozy and hear the quiet sound of the woods around you...

Slept almost ten hours last night. But had to get up once to stretch the ropes. The tapes had stretched so I "landed" on top of my boots. But I had other matters to attend to, so that was alright...

Fell a sleep again at once and in the morning I woke up thanks to this little fellow:

081018woodpecker.jpg

A.

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
WOW! Those pictures are stuning, Autumn in Sweden is beautiful! So is that house, and so also is the lake. Ever go out to that beautiful island and camp?

No never. But it's a great idea! A nice little adventure.

I'll soon have to take the row-boat up, to keep it safe from the ice, anyhow. So I might as well check out one of those islands. Not the next weekend, but perhaps the one after that.

But if I wait a month or so, I could perhaps walk over. Or use my skates.We'll see...

A.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Utterly beautiful, you really have an eye for the beauty of nature and landscape.

Thank you for sharing, and I thought the rounded edge to the images a nice effect too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE