Xmas come early-1982 Dated RM Arctic Rucksack.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Just arrived and unpacked,over the moon but havent given it a good going over so hope everything is complete etc.

Took a gamble on this,pretty much bought unseen but couldnt be happier that it turned out to be what I hoped it was and even better the date on it!!!!

Apart from slightly rusty buckles due to storage in pretty much mint condition.

DSCF0001_zps2f88edd6.jpg

DSCF0002-1_zpsd3b7b4d3.jpg

DSCF0003-1_zps21aa474c.jpg

DSCF0004-1_zpsa8870da7.jpg

DSCF0006_zps0d3acf92.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Now that is a load carrier, had a similar one from Karrimor. And that waist buckle takes you back. (I'd carry a spare as they could become brittle over time). Lovely bit of kit and in great nick, you must be a happy bunny.

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Now that is a load carrier, had a similar one from Karrimor. And that waist buckle takes you back. (I'd carry a spare as they could become brittle over time). Lovely bit of kit and in great nick, you must be a happy bunny.

Over the moon,could have been an expensive gamble but paid off Im glad to say:)

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Welcome to the club! That looks an excellent example- rare to find one with the waist belt too. Is there any way you could take a few photos showing how the waist belt is attached to the frame? I've failed to work it out on mine, and i know others have the same problem!

A thread on the bergens here if you haven't already stumbled across it:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92174

Good luck with pressing it into use!

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
This is how I got it(not touched it),not sure if its the correct way,wouldnt surprise me if it wasnt as doesnt feel right when worn and looks a right tangled/botched up mess.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Excellent, thanks very much for that - really appreciate you taking the time to take those photos and upload. Interestingly, my waist belt is identical to yours in every way, apart from it lacks the 'cinch' straps sewn to it which yours is attached by! Mine just has two small plastic 'D' rings on the top edge of the belt and that's it. Intriguing!

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Excellent, thanks very much for that - really appreciate you taking the time to take those photos and upload. Interestingly, my waist belt is identical to yours in every way, apart from it lacks the 'cinch' straps sewn to it which yours is attached by! Mine just has two small plastic 'D' rings on the top edge of the belt and that's it. Intriguing!

You are very welcome,will have to spend some time and figure out if mine is properly set up as when wearing the rucksack it doesnt feel right,as if something isnt fitted correctly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE