XL Sleeping Bag suggestions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eskimo

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 1, 2006
Humberside
I have used Marmot sleeping bags for years as they do a long version which is also wider. Currently have a sawtooth dry and it is perfect. Packs down well, down filled but with a waterproof coating to help prevent damp (Still use a bivi bag though).

I am 6'5" and just over 20 stone and don't like to feel squeezed into a bag, the Marmot still has plenty of room.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I got a 58 pattern long doss bag in grade 1 condition for £30. It beats my Mountain Hardwear bag into a cocked hat for space and warmth. Only downside is the size of the thing. :D

scubapauly

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2009
Hertfordshire
scubapauly.zenfolio.com
I get the feeling that a lot of you seem to expect to move around in your dossbags.Mummy type sleeping bags are not designed for this,they are designed so that when you turn over the whole bag turns with you,this is the reasoning behind the shape.A square dossbag is ideal for turning in but then you have the extra bulk and weight,this is removed with a mummy bag.It does take some getting used to but once you have you'll possibly find you sleep better in a mummy bag if you turn with the bag rather than in the bag.

Yeah but just how sug is SNUG???

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
I'm 5'10 and 19st very broad across the chest and shoulders.
Off topic but its a nightmare getting things like outdoors shirts etc.

Now I'm 6'3" and a little over 13 stone, with big shoulders, and I have totally the oppostite problem. :( I find all the standard sized shirts to be far too large, they feel like a tent on me, and whilst they fit the shoulders ok, there is literally oodles of spare cloth around the waist area, which I have to tuck around the back, like some Victorian ladies bustle (corrent word?) :) :lol:

PS I arrived here looking for a larger sleeping bag, length is my problem :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE