x2 1946 Coleman stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I've just had an e-mail from one of BCUK's USA members John Lee regarding http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47311 and the 1946 Coleman stove so I thought I'd also post my reply to him on here, might at least cheer rik_uk3 up in his sanatorium bed--------------
I've just lit these two tonight good to give them a run. It was a few years ago when I was keen on stoves, and these were won on E-Bay USA, both of them from different sellers, had the same fault in that there's a very thin stiff wire up the generator that is connected to the jet pricker cam and so has a coil spring return which after years of un-use (use it or lose it !) seizes up. It requires open heart surgery though to stilson the generator tube off the tank, but no doubt this was to my advantage as if it had been sold working it would have fetched allot more, and they never mentioned that they would pump up and hold pressure but would not light
1946 A January to June -1946 B July to December. I run them on "Panel Wipe" a cellulose car spraying degreaser same as Coleman fuel but 1/10 the price.
colemanstovesab.jpg

I don't mess about pumping them and lighting the fuel leak at 1/4 jet to heat prime
colemanstovesx2litdaylight.jpg

I just get them hot with the cooks blow torch and open the valve instant light !
colemanstovesx2lit.jpg

seen as I'd just taken the photo's I thought I'd share.
the funnel for the 1946 B is fixed to the center tube and out of sight.
cheers all Danny

Last edited:

John Lee

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2010
Deer Park, WA, USA
Danny,
I have a single burner coleman stove I bought 25 years ago. I managed to spill fuel on my boot and set myself on fire trying to turn off the stove with my foot. Stupid seems to run in my family. John Lee

woodtramp

Sep 5, 2010
North Dakota
Those are real nice, I have a lot of Coleman stuff, and collect the stoves, those are worth a pretty penny to a collector.......I want bad...some day will find one at a good price, until then I pick up stoves at garage sales all the time, nothing that nice though...good score.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE