wynnchester? anyone heard of them?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I love the look of that gear really up my street so to speak but them prices phew!!😳 but I suppose you get what you pay for. Quality stuff.

Sent from the smoke clouds of a poorly lit fire...

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
tarp_logo_med.jpg

They could start by learning about thread tension.... These are not good seams.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
WAY over priced they seem to be charging 10X the surplus price for bunging a bit of wax on a bag...

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Where can someone find the swag bag cheaper then??? Cause I really like that..

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Where can someone find the swag bag cheaper then??? Cause I really like that..

I know a man that knows a man......and Aussie made swags maybe available for a group buy in the near future !

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I have been using one of the swags at least two nights a week for the past two years, it's just starting to wear in, and still looks like new. £230 decided by 192 nights equals 1.20 per night and getting less. I don't think that's too bad really.

Reactions: shaneh

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
I'm with Rik-uk3 on this. 5 kilos for a 2x3.5 tarp? Same weight for a (probably not entirely waterproof) bivi and 10 kilos for the tent, Over UKP 1000 spent and you need a pack horse to move it. In my youth I used a cotton tent and a leather/cotton P42 Bergan with steel frame. i doubt I could carry that gear across the car park these days, whereas with modern materials, at well less than 1/3 the price, I can still look forward to the White Mountains.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
My take: I wouldn't have a problem with paying a premium price if I got high quality. Uneven stitching and bad seams is not my definition of high quality. I don't think this is a case of you get what you pay for.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
tarp_logo_med.jpg

They could start by learning about thread tension.... These are not good seams.

I really liked the look of their gear until now! That's shocking stitching for such an expensive item. I love their camp fire tent which is why I'm making my own version from polycotton for canoe camping.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
tis expensive eh lads but it does look amazing ill give them that! im still aiming to move back to the uk at some stage and live in a massive bell tent in someones woods... sigh... thatll be the day!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE