WTD: Tarp and Mini/Swedish Trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 4, 2009
Steyning
Hey, im after a Tarp for use with a Hammock and a mini or Swedish Trangia,

Does anyone know where the best place to buy these as a student on a budget is, or does anyone have any they wish to sell?

Thanks Alot

Jon

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
A lot of people use that design, but no one can agree which metal is the better (stainless steel of the aluminium version) so that is doen to personal preference.

Those are great for one person, and managable for two people.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Well now we're agreed on aluminium difference between used and unissued shouldn't be that much. Should be still usable, might need a clean and have some scratches. At the most a dent, but if you are worried about that then pay the extra £3.50

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Does anyone know if one of these http://www.militarymart.co.uk/camping/accessories/44-pattern-steel-mug/prod_434.html would fit inside the large pan?

Not with the fuel bottle and burner fitted also, I've not checked but thats what I guess. Your better off spending a little more and getting a proper Trangia, cook faster and for longer and come with two saucepans and frying pan and the option of a kettle. You can use the pots on an open fire.

Something like this one, and remember, it all stacks inside itself to carry

eBay item 230345596751

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I was looking at the Mini Trangia stove/windshield/pan/lid/handle combination in Field & Trek and was very impressed with it, as it looked like good gear, and it was £20.

Feb 4, 2009
Steyning
Im now probaly going to order the swedish trangia tomorow, because it looks good for one person and is only a £5,

Sunday Night Bump still looking for a tarp, willing to buy second hand

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Just found this 390054095387 Doesn't look bad for a tenner, comes with flat rope too which is better than paracord for the trees.

With rik's tarp and that hammock then thats a nice tarp/hammock combo for just under £20

Think that's what I want.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE