WRW June Meet Pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
It got off to a quiet start with Karl enjoying the solitude on Friday night. Let's not forget the rain, there was plenty of it this weekend!

I managed to rock up Saturday morning to try out my diy underquilt. Was happy enough with it in the end.

The woods have filled out nicely, it's a real contrast to the colder months now.

Matt landed later in the day after work and was soon set up as well.

And there you have the set ups, all three of them! The rain didn't let up until Saturday evening for a few hours then it carried on through the night.

Fortunately we had some visits throughout the day. Alex,Sarah and Louise turned up, then Peter H as well as Dean. Alex soon got busy with the snap and busted out a chicken masala type dish with some steak thrown in for good measure. Not only that but a lovely saag paneer from scratch as well. It all went quiet as it was mopped up with paratha hot out of the skillet...

Om nom nommy

Dean and Alex brought their catty's and managed to get a few rounds through them as the rain finally let up for a bit.

Probably best Alex prepared dinner for me, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with one...

Although the order of the day was relaxation dictated by the weather, Dean managed to bring some things to plant in hopes of getting some edibles going in future. I really like the idea of planting things for future use, I'm guessing it was Dean and Alex that came up with this one.

Horseradish going in, followed by some lemon balm.

Finally a bit of spearmint went in next to the patch of ramsom

By the time this was complete it was starting to get dark. The rain finally let up again early Sunday morning and we were able to pack away dry kit. Great ending to a great meet. Thanks to all that could make it and especially Karl for organising it, we'll hopefully catch anyone that couldn't next time round, you were missed. :D

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Was a great weekend cheers lads Thanks Chad for taking pics and write up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Forgot to add the wood prep you did with the chainsaw Saturday morning Karl. Work was done, just not by me lolz

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Great pics Chad, I can't wait till I get out more:)

don't give him to much credit it'll go to his head :) :rofl:

by the way will have the climbing tape for you set hammock at the north wood meet Karl it is already in the car, may have more if other people need some

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Cheers Pete. Lmao at your comments my head cant get any bigger the earth is not large enough.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE