Wow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
This is probably the one of the nicest knives I've ever seen.

hedlund.jpg

hedlund2.jpg

Made by Simon Nylund.

Regards,

Michiel

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Michiel
The Nylund brothers make some superb knives indeed which is even more impressive when you see how young they are

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Yep quite agree and the amazing thing is Simon is 15 or maybe 16 now? This knife will retail with a sheath for less than the price of a standard woodlore or other bushy by a good custom maker. For that you get an incredible level of craftsmanship, a forged blade by a talented smith, desert ironwood, mammoth ivory, I could be very tempted to buy it myself....if I didn't have one already.:)

Actually mine is rather plainer and probably half the price but Simon's workmanship is superb.

Winkler knives....yes legendary and with prices to match.:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Are their prices on the website or is it a case of sending them an email ? Just had a quick look but couldn`t see a price list.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Nylund brothers are 16 and 19

Yeah, bloomin' kids today messing with knives...;)
I've seen other examples of their work on BB and you could pretty much take any of them sight-unseen and it would be stunning. A very talented pair.

Cheers,
Steve

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
lets put a few more up here that have been sold on BB recenlty

mapel2-1.jpg
£130 inc sheath Poul Strande 70mm raw forged 3 layer stainless blade, buffalo horn bolster with copper and black fibre spacers & stabilized maple handle. overall length is 175mm. The knife has never been used or carried.

2-Nylund.jpg
£80 in damasteel, that was a steal.

KNven2005red1.jpg
£90

thuya2.jpg

thuya3.jpg

and this one is mine, picked up for £100 second hand

Some folk think a full tang is needed for bushcraft but the Scandinavians have been using these knives hard for hundreds of years, beauty, function, tradition, craftsmanship. And for now they are also at what I consider to be bargain prices. Once they have to pay their own bills, workshop, tax etc no doubt the prices will go up.

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
WOW!!! Just looked at the Nylund website! Such beautiful craftsmanship! If thats what they can do now, I'd love to see them churn out something with 30 years under there belts! The guitars are pretty sweet too!

Thing is in 5 years they will probably only be making high end damascus knives with very fancy handles and selling for lots more money. They are just starting making their own blades and it won't be long before their knives sell at a price that means folk won't use them. I like them now because they are making knives with great clean lines and simple but good materials.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
all nice, too nice. for me knives are tools not something that looks pretty, i would be scared to use one of those in case i scratch it:eek:

pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE