Wow, this guy is fast.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Outstanding!

I never have seen this method.

Does this work with pinewood too?

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I have always wanted to try the fire plough, that's my next challenge...i can do the bow drill in 20 odd seconds to ember....

Edit: counted 12 seconds, that's crazy

Here was my effort for a fun challenge

Last edited:

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Ray Mears should really do a survival programme with this guy!

I love the Youtube comments section on this video...

Wife: I'm leaving you for a Samoan chief!
Men: Understandable.

Next video: “How to stop the corona virus with a coconut”

He stared at his finger and it stopped bleeding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbi
Wow what a guy! Fire plough is possible in uk, it’s become my passion this year during lockdown and I have refined the technique to work for a weedy middle aged English guy - I’m well out off his league (but can do it in under a minute with right woods and conditions, and it can be a very effective method but takes practice and patience)
I’ve had success with : lime (Tilia) on lime; willow on ivy; hazel on poplar; willow on willow (tho this combination not the easiest)
i've written a how to guide on my website (if it's ok to share) : http://www.sacredhearthfrictionfire.com/fire-plough-uk.html

Last edited:

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Wow what a guy! Fire plough is possible in uk, it’s become my passion this year during lockdown and I have refined the technique to work for a weedy middle aged English guy - I’m well out off his league (but can do it in under a minute with right woods and conditions, and it can be a very effective method but takes practice and patience)
I’ve had success with : lime (Tilia) on lime; willow on ivy; hazel on poplar; willow on willow (tho this combination not the easiest)
i've written a how to guide on my website (if it's ok to share) : http://www.sacredhearthfrictionfire.com/fire-plough-uk.html
Excellent website sir. Lots of interesting, and proven, methods and materials. Welcome to BCUK.

K

Reactions: 1 pot hunter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE