Wounds.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 2, 2004
upon closer inspection of my signature you will find ,i think ,that i have covered that point :roll:

as for the axe man ....someone should save him a lot of time and buy him a chainsaw for christmas....the fool makes life harder for himself,he may be talented ,but that just makes him a talented fool :cool:

did you actually read my last post stewart? you know , the bit where i said that i might have enough stuff to cover an accident but just not in a nice wrapping? :tw:

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
upon closer inspection of my signature you will find ,i think ,that i have covered that point :roll:

as for the axe man ....someone should save him a lot of time and buy him a chainsaw for christmas....the fool makes life harder for himself,he may be talented ,but that just makes him a talented fool :cool:

Calling a lad who goes about with an axe a "fool" confirms it. You're up for the 2004 Darwin Awards. :roll:

Mar 2, 2004
ha ha ha good one tahawk,oh my aching sides,stop it stop it ha ha ha :roll:
everyone can clearly see im sure ,that im referring to using an axe from start to finish for making church beams.....also that you have twisted my point completly.typical suppressive attitude :nono:
at least your consistent.but its rather sad that you feel you need to try to make others less in an attempt to make yourself more.try smiling ,im sure youll remember ....eventually.

yawn.................................back to the point eh?

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
naughty boy

BCUK isn't the place to be deliberately controversial. Your amongst friends by the fire. A bit of banter is fine, but flaming for its own sake is going too far. Calling a craftsman a fool for using skill over the easy way is neither clever or particularly intelligent.

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
the naughty boy said:
ha ha ha good one tahawk,oh my aching sides,stop it stop it ha ha ha :roll:
everyone can clearly see im sure ,that im referring to using an axe from start to finish for making church beams.....also that you have twisted my point completly.typical suppressive attitude :nono:
at least your consistent.but its rather sad that you feel you need to try to make others less in an attempt to make yourself more.try smiling ,im sure youll remember ....eventually.

yawn.................................back to the point eh?

:nana:

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Some of the buildings are listed and HAVE to be made by traditional methods, also if you saw the speed he worked with his vast collection of axes, then I'm not sure that a chainsaw would actually speed things up for him.

If you had an accident in the wilderness, would rather wrap a scarf around the wound and risk getting an infection like Staph. aureous or actually be able to clean it out, stitch/staple/bind it and possibly carry on??? btw you've got to see Stuarts FAK, would put most hospitals to shame!!!

Mar 2, 2004
oh dear ,please let me clarify something here.....

im not specifically calling that chap a fool! it was a figure of speech,im sure he loves what he does and good luck to him.the point was that he could have done it quicker and with less effort.

i also understand that the quickest way is not always the most fun.

could everyone please differentiate [ that means see the difference ] and not take things so litterally . i know you cannot hear the inflections of voice in these posts but ....NO HARM INTENDED!!!

of course if you do take things out of context or try to twist my post as ammunition for a retort then what do you expect chaps? a pat on the back?

strewth! :roll:

Andy B

Forager
Apr 25, 2004
Belfast
St Johns ambulance people are so nice. I intentionally scrathced myself so that i could get a plaster of a good looking girl at the Balmoral show first aid tent today, ahh poor me. :twisted:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Hey, hey, hey - can we please ease off on the personal attack (especially on folks not here to defend themselves).

On the subject of taking things too seriously or having to read the inflection of posts or being too literal, can I say that this is rarely the case on a forum. Misunderstanding will be reduced if reading between the lines is kept to a minimum and things will go a lot smoother if posts are kept clear and concise. If you want to bicker or argue, the forum is not the place to do it - take it to private messaging or, better still, step away from the keyboard and get some fresh air.

Play nicely - or I'll lock the thread! :evil:

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have to say that I have spent many a year taking trees down with a chainsaw, yeh, its quick and easy, but one day I thought lets do this the traditional way (a bit of an out of town streak in me, for those of us old enough to remember), so I took my trusty felling axe to work with me, my god, what hard work, for those of you that have never felled a tree with an axe (Im talking 18" diameter and 50' tall) dont knock it until youve tried it, its back breaking, time consuming and a lot more dangerous than using a chainsaw.
I would love to spend some time with the man that cuts beams, that must be such a dying art, it should be carefully guarded.
:ekt: for the beam cutter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE