Worrying news about the Sorel Caribou's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Dear fellow forum members,

I feel sad having to put this up here, but though it was necessary.
Working in Bever outdoorsports (a Dutch Outdoor Firm) I have heard several complaints, and saw not one or two, but 4 pairs of Sorel Caribou's coming back after a mere 2 months.
They were covered with cracks around the rubber bottom boot, and after some researching finding out that previously they never had this problem I also found out that had switched the production of thee winter boots to China, The cracks in the rubber were pretty severe as well. And we send the Boots back for repairs now so everything is still in the works, but as it was not a single pair but a worrying 4 pair with the exact same defect, 2 from the exact same guy who failed to wear them succesfully for 5 weeks without them cracking on him.
wanted to give everyone a headsup, the factory guarantees their product for one year if I am not mistaken so clearly something went wrong in the production line.
Just be cautious if you need to have a really dependable boot atm, this might not be the time to get yourself some Sorel Caribou's
I will update on this to inform you on the future developments of this case.

Yours sincerely Ruud

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE