world flags?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Hi Boys and Girls
just wondering where do you guys buy your flags like the ones flying all over place at the moot for a reasonable price. i know someone will say : go online or ebay. Thank you. Any link / shop address , would be appreciated.
cheers the interceptor boy.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
do u want nylon cheep things or proper cotton ones that would survive a sea storm because if u want nylon ones that are like a tenna

go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...70.l1313.TR1.TRC0&_nkw=country+flags&_sacat=0

but if you want the real deal and there expensive

go

http://www.easyflags.co.uk/shop/bri...3ft-152x91cm-union-jack-cotton/prod_1579.html

Actually the difference in price and quality isn't the material; it's the sewing vs printed. Good quality sewn nylon flags are just as pricey and far more durable to the weather. But if you really want a proper flag, spend the money and get a sewn wool one.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have always purchased my international flags in the country that flies them!
Sort of a souvenir - plus I would get all the expedition team to sign them:)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I have always purchased my international flags in the country that flies them!
Sort of a souvenir - plus I would get all the expedition team to sign them:)

Sounds like a good idea to me too John. Particularly if it's a flag patch which can be sewn to your rucksack or duffle bag rather than a full sized flag.

Interesting factoid though; if you buy a US flag IN the US, it's got a 90% chance of having been made in China. And about 80% of the US flags actually made in the US are for export (mostly to Mexico)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sounds like a good idea to me too John. Particularly if it's a flag patch which can be sewn to your rucksack or duffle bag rather than a full sized flag.

Interesting factoid though; if you buy a US flag IN the US, it's got a 90% chance of having been made in China. And about 80% of the US flags actually made in the US are for export (mostly to Mexico)

I go for full or 1/4 size flags and hang them on my trophy wall :)
I have a very understanding wife....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE