poncho.jpg

3) Slit and gusset

poncho_02.jpg

4) Hood

poncho_03.jpg

5) Sewing

The tools are ready, let's go:

poncho_04.jpg

Sewing machine: Body, hood and then hood to the body. By hand: gusset, overcast and blanket stitches.

Body:

poncho_05.jpg

Hood, slit and gusset:

poncho_06.jpg

The poncho:

poncho_07.jpg

6) To do

My girlfriend gave me a Norwegian cardigan buckle (?) which will be a simple and good looking "slit closer":

poncho_08.jpg

Last edited:

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
My girlfriend volunteered as a model, so now you can see what the poncho looks like when you put it on. As you can see from the last picture a big hood doesn't always make you look scary.

poncho_10.jpg

poncho_11.jpg

poncho_12.jpg

poncho_13.jpg

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Nice. The fabric looks great and the workmanship is excellent. I'm currently doing one with a wool layer inside and Ventile outside.

+1 to that and look forward to seeing the Ventile over wool as I've been pondering waxed cotton over wool for a poncho/blanket recently.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its very good.

I love my lukha and have made no end of them for various people. A friend got one for Christmas, she resolved not to open it, but two days and it was on her, and didnt come off until the spring...

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Its very good.

I love my lukha and have made no end of them for various people. A friend got one for Christmas, she resolved not to open it, but two days and it was on her, and didnt come off until the spring...

Ooooh, any pics or an old thread by any chance?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE