Woodlore Pro is absolutely useless……

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
Poor technique not tool.

Use your thumb knuckle not thumb tip. Can even use a wooden spoon then.
I was sat next to him quietly practicing the technique you've outlined. He has his technique down to a fine art. To be honest he is too efficient. We kept running out of beer and had to forage for more.

At the end of the day it all comes down to time in the field drinking by he fire.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Putin-axe-600740.jpg
Vlad is a short man, 160cm + some so he need to compensate.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I can open bottles with my knives. That’s what they were primarily designed for afterall. But I’ll take that into consideration with the Pro. I‘m in talks with Ray right now to add a snap on accessory kit to the available options. Caviar spoon included.
If he could throw in a lobster cracker too that'd be great.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
And a cork screw!
Most upper class people rather drink wine than beer. Not because they really would prefere it, but because it's expected.

I personally drink Champagne of course, especially if it's between 8 and 10°C in the evening.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TLM

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
:confused2:

Besides flint you need champagne of course. Especially if it's between 8 and 10° C in the evenings.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Did they have been payed so bad in the eighties that they couldn't afford better chocolate?

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I took delivery of my Woodlore Pro earlier this week and, while I haven't tried opening a bottle with it - that's the preserve of my SAK, I thought I'd offer some early observations.

On opening the box and first handling the the knife, my heart sank somewhat. At 5mm thick by the handle, it felt a little like a pry bar; the handle wasn't as thick as I'd like but it was a very prettily finished cutting tool. It was only when I got it in use that discovered the out-and-out qualities of it.

Feather sticks and roughing out a spoon were on the cards and the knife was fantastic at both. With the former project, it was an effortless operation to produce a whole mop of tight curls on several pieces of dry hazel. Roughing out the spoon was similarly without struggle as the knife proved to be adept at removing material, in this case both ash and holly.

So, it has impressed me so far and I am really looking forward to getting to know its capabilities better as the weeks and months go on. That said, the handle is still a bit too slim for my ludicrously long-fingered paws... but I'll get used to it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE