woodlore knife vs Fallkniven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Out of the both I would have to go for Mr Mears woodlore, it is a good all rounder, Splitting logs, carving, skinning, filleting, easy to sharpen, etc, etc, out of all the knives I have had I have not yet found anything else that comes close. And mine does take a hammering. Just got no complaints with it, well done Ray :biggthump

Frogo

Neil:

Well I started grinding back on the F1.. It's a project in the works...

A few years ago I got a good deal on some Fallknivens through a dealer in Calgary. Eventually I ended up with WM1, F1, H1, A1. The notion was to test out the whole concept of thick blades being necessary - or whether they would work for heavy duty splitting and prying. I did all of that, but some of the techniques are really dangerous and so I held off until I could start to put up video. Now I can and eventually I'll get to it.
The most important issue around here is whittling fuzzy sticks, since if you can't get the fire started, it doesn't matter how much wood you've pried and split. I had to grind back the bevels on the blades to where they would work here. I found myself using the H1 all the time and so never finished the others. I'd want much more acute bevels on them. The H1 is now a real Scandi grind with only a hint of convexing at the edge. With the continuous curve of Scandi grind edge combined with a thickness of blade and tempered tang of the H1 - well a person has about the most optimally designed heavy duty blade possible. The question is whether a person wants such a knife. Strangely, despite being a thin knife and hatchet person, I did...
So that explains why I didn't finish the F1...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE