Woodlore Golden Eagle Fraying

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Why don't you patch over the affected area and rectify what's causing it. A scrap of ripstop and a few homeward-bounders ain't exactly rocket science.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The foot are of mine looks almot the same. My rough feet and a poor choice of fabric I guess. Irritates me, because I really like the bag apart from that (and the packing volume, but that my pay off in lifespan and other things?). Should really email them and ask about it; if it is a common fault they *should* change the design by e.g. having a different fabric in the good region.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
They didn't really help out much to be honest, fair enough they couldn't replace it or repair it as I hadn't bought it from them. I kind of thought that would happen but it was worth a try basically they said it could only be replaced if it was damaged in transit. I asked if they could have it fixed as a cost to me but again they said no and apparently nowhere but Nanok has the same fabric so I'm getting a dressmaker to patch it. Any ideas on the beat material? I'm thinking something along the lines of silk as it will not be so susceptible to catching the velcro.

Hopfully it gets fixed and I can be back to being happy again :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Can you live without the velcro ? I've never seen that bag first hand so not sure what it's for. If you can live without it I'd get rid when you've had it patched.

There's some stuff call omni-tape which is basically velcro but a softer version, might be worth looking at that.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i was looking on the ray mears site these must be good bags as they are all sold out

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
i was looking on the ray mears site these must be good bags as they are all sold out

They are indeed, fabulous bags. :)

Perhaps there has been a design change since Jinsin456 purchased his bag, the flap at the mouth of my bag looks different from his and remains un-frayed after seven years of hard use.

P6250246.JPG

The skin on my feet is like sandpaper and like forestwalker I have noticed that the material at the foot of the bag shows more wear, however it shows no sign failing anytime soon.

P6250249.JPG

If I was worried about the wear and tear down there I could always use one of the 'boot buckets' supplied with my Nanok bags.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE