Woodlore belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
When I arrived at work today I was greeted by a little package with a big woodlore label... contained within was my new woodlore belt. yay!

It's great... I haven't worked out if i'm sad or not yet but I think it's brilliant. I had been looking for a nice belt for ages but was dubious about the woodlore one. I failed to find a good alternative so bit the proverbial and ordered it. It arrived in a few days (nice fast delivery).

The belt is thick but supple and has the feeling it was designed and built by Brunel. top kit :)

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I too have been looking for a good alternative to the woodlore belt with no luck,So the credit card has come out again, Im sure i would be better off having my wags sent directly to Ray!!!!!

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
You could always post a request for someone to make a custom one for you on British Blades.There are loads of competant cordwainers that would be happy to make one to your spec.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
hootchi said:
You could have a look here . Snufkin made his own leather belt amongst other things :super:
Thanks mate :biggthump but it could work out more expensive to buy all the gear. The leather and the buckle would only set you back maybe £8 but then you need an awl, needles and thread and a hole puncher to make even holes. But if you were thinking of doing a few projects then go for it, it's fun.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
One of the things on the RM website about the belt is that the reverse side can be used as a strop.
What makes this particuar belt a good strop, or can any belt be used. Does it have to be rough for instance? :?:

Cheers

Mark

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I was going to buy a Woodlore belt as i wanted a nice strong leather belt and also to be able to use it as a strop.... before I got round to buying it I got married and went on honeymoon to a ranch in Arizona.

While there I met a guy who works leather called Dave...ended up going back to his place and he made me one up there and then while I waited. It's top quality and will more than likely still be around when I'm not!

He has a website, here is the link. Obviously it'll take a wee while to get shipped over here and you'd have to confirm the costs depending on what you want but his prices are very good...or they were for me when I was there... Oh and if he hasn't got what you want on his website then just drop him a mail and he'll tell you if he can do it or not.
I got him to make a new collar and police lead for my dog too as they are very expensive over here, he'd never seen one but a couple of dodgy sketches from me later and he produced the best collar and lead I've ever seen!
He works out of his house and is a one man band so every single item is hand made by him and he takes a lot of pride in his work.

www.cochiseleather.com

I do love the music on his home page too!!!!

hope that's of use to any of you... :wink:

EdS

Any good sadlers should make you a decent heavy duty belt.

I had one made about 10 yeas ago after the one I borrowed from my father fell to bits after only 30 years (he used to regualrly use it to remove car oil filters as well).

It actually wider than most belts as it turned out he had it made to fit a drayhorse harness buckle - still fits jeans etc belt loops though.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Buckshot said:
One of the things on the RM website about the belt is that the reverse side can be used as a strop.
What makes this particuar belt a good strop, or can any belt be used. Does it have to be rough for instance? :?:

Cheers

Mark

I've always used whatever leather belt I had on and they've all done just fine :wink:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Don't get me wrong... I am completely chuffed with it... There are no frills, it's built like an out house and for the moment at least, it's got that leather smell that makes me want to ride my horse!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE