Woodland tipple

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
I agrea with Malente, Laphroaig is a real winter warmer, I am drawn to Lagavulin too as it is very smooth and warming but my current bottle is Caol Ila "nice". Although worthy of a mention is a potion I was forced to drink on one woodland trip. I dont like brandy and I dont like Port, but I was given a Brandy & Port by a Captain to drink toast his new born, I tried to explain that I dont like either of the contents so was bound not to like the result. How wrong can a person be Brandy & Port mixed in equal measures tastes nothing like the two components it is a perfect campfire warmer and I do admit it has accompanied me on many a woodland jaunt in a hip flask, better still is two hip flasks, one of each then poured into your Kuska in equal ammounts and sipped in the warm glow of the fire whilst gently melting back into your hammock. Aaaah. Nostalgic glaze coming over me.:rolleyes:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ahhhh.... the very word "Laphroaig" warms me up and soothes the pain!
I still own part of their peat bog - must visit it some time!
I wonder if I could bivvy out on it?

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Ahhhh.... the very word "Laphroaig" warms me up and soothes the pain!
I still own part of their peat bog - must visit it some time!
I wonder if I could bivvy out on it?

My only claim to fame. One of my "great" (I can remember how many) grandfathers started the distillery with his brother :) !

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Of the Islay Malts, I'd choose Lagavulin or maybe Bruichladdich over Laphroaig but if you're buyin' any of the above is good ;-)

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Tiz been a few years since i drank Asbach, Feb 2002, Munich airport to be exact but think i'll pick up a bottle as a treat to myself after 3 weeks or being in the poor house after my last trip :(
Used to drink quite a bit of it at college, used to warm the cockles after a few hours floating around some backwater or lake in a canoe or shivering at the top of a crag for a day setting up belays.

Teej84

Nov 13, 2007
Solihull
www.thomasjupe.com
I was lucky enough to come across a bottle of Jack Daniels Silver Select which comes in a beautiful bottle with its barel no. (3-1729) rick no. (r-20) and its release date (08-08-03) an especially nice bottle of jack.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
I was lucky enough to come across a bottle of Jack Daniels Silver Select which comes in a beautiful bottle with its barel no. (3-1729) rick no. (r-20) and its release date (08-08-03) an especially nice bottle of jack.

Thay have a couple of bottles of this in the off licence at the moment, sure does look good but not sure if it's £40 good :rolleyes:

Philbert

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2004
Northern Ireland
I take whisky. Can't beat whisky at a campfire. Usually Edradour (10y old, unchillfiltered) or Strathisla (12y old)

Michiel

Tried Edradour for the first time this summer. It was lovely, it would warm anyones coccles! Have to say though i do like a little snifter of the peaty nectar that is Laphroig:lmao:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've just finished an experiment with Sloe Vodka, which has so far been a hit with everybody who has tried it (about 2 dozen people so far).
Its quite easy to make as follows.

Make Sloe Gin as per normal to your favoured recipe
(Mine is 2 lbs of Sloes, 8 oz sugar 1 Litre gin)
When you decant the sloe gin, keep the sloes in the container, add a second helping of sugar and a bottle of cheap vodka.
Leave for 6-12 months, remove the liquor and drink.
Mine has quite a smooth flavur, followed by a swift kick of and after taste!

Enjoy!

Dave

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Made my Sloe Vodka with all vodka and sloes and no sugar - replaced it with honey and a good slug of maple syrup.

Man thats nice!

Red

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham

They have at my local off license, single barrel, which so far I have not given into.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE