woodland for rent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
13 arce for 175 pcm, now i haven't contacted the person yet, but assuming that they are willing to let me do bushcrafty things is this a reasonable bet? works out at 14.50 ish per day if i go 12 days a month.

what say you good people?

just to make this absoultly clear i am NOT the person who is letting the wood. i am interested in opinions.

best regards
steve

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
If it was fairly local to me and I could come and play sometimes then I'd be happy to pay you for each visit. Then again, from your location I suspect it is too far for me to travel. Maybe other people on this forum would want to do the same.

Geoff

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I think, if you can afford it, go for it, but make an offer for much less money and haggle with them, you may be surprised.... Also run some meets there and charge folk a few quid to help you pay for it....

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
13 x 4000 per acre = 52000

175x12 = 2100, which represents 4% annual return, which is high for woodland, I think. Unless you get some kind of rights to cut wood, or special amenity value like fishing rights. But to just "hang out in the woods" this seems a bit steep. I think paying a wood owner for non-destructive usage is perfectly OK, and serves to legitimise bushcrafting aims, but 2K a year could buy you either:
A bushcrafting course in Sweden
Or several in the UK
Or even an acre of your own, with a bit of luck.
Just my 2p.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
thanks guys, i was thinking the same myself, shame really. if you can get the local scout place to let you use their facilities for 4-5quid a night it brings things into perspective. unlike some on the forum i am no where near good enough with wood to make anything by bodging or other woodcraft. cest la vie. for info it was very close to stoke near the A50. if anyone is interested i suggest that you search for "renting woodland" on tinternet and it should be the first answer, farmproperties.net or summat.

all the best

steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE