Wooden toys.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I visited a fair today, one of the stalls featured some really quite nice wooden toys. There are lots of photos on his site, maybe some ideas for carvers here, the homepage features an 'English Language' button so if your not too handy with a carving knife you can probably order something if so inclined.

http://www.meseerdo-fajatek.hu/jatekkeszlet.html

My daughter and I were particularly impressed with the trees, which feature push out fruit and removable foilage (to suggest winter I guess).

z1Vs7.jpg

ByGL2.jpg

o7mBb.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Another Hungarian manufacturer/maker of wooden toys, I saw this one for the first time yesterday, nice idea and the kids who were playing with the stuff were being quite creative.

LOGI-VÁR

aW7aK.jpg

746Yc.jpg

jJIN6.jpg

:)

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Now those are toys that are worth spending money on. Crafted well and will last a lifetime compared to a plastic one.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Now those are toys that are worth spending money on. Crafted well and will last a lifetime compared to a plastic one.

Pretty much all the plastic toys that family and relatives give to my daughter end up in the charity shop, except Lego of course. :)

We encourage them to buy local or to just make something, even if its only a card.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I love wooden toys, got them for my children, got some for my grandson too and will get the same for Rubin/Joshua/Ethan/Harriet/Prudence/Shona one of which is due in January :) Simple, tactile toys that leave a lot to the child's imagination.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE