Wooden tent pole connectors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
So, I'm going to make some tent poles for a tepee and I want to make the poles so that they are in two bits, but I cannot find connectors for wooden poles anywhere - any ideas anyone?

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I have been thinking how to mend an aluminium (obsolete) tent pole and the best I have been able to source so far are
some aluminium tubes from B&Q ,other stores are available, they have various sizes that might interlock.
So up-scaling to your size poles , could you use copper pipe? metal pipe?

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Yes - there's a thought... They might not have to lock - I'll try with a bit of pipe at home and see how long the pipe needs to be to keep it together under the weight of the canvas. Cheers!

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I did not really mean `lock` I kinda meant one inside the other. From memory (dodgy) the scout tent ones were about 4 to 6" insert. the inner one was shaved down and the metal pipe bit was covering it so you had the strength of the wood inside. then the outside one slipped over that.

Good luck.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As a temp measure you could use some aluminum or copper sheet wrapped around the pole sections held in place with some Jubilee ® Clips.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Ferrules?

Smaller sizes are easy to get, but guessing wooden poles are over 1" diameter?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE