wood turning lathe

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I am considering buying a small lathe that I can use in my flat. Please can anyone recommend one or has anyone made their own?

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I am considering buying a small lathe that I can use in my flat. Please can anyone recommend one or has anyone made their own?
I've got some plans for a homemade one using the back end of an old bike and a car drum brake at home. They were intended for Third World Countries (if its still PC to say that). Remind me before we meet up again and I'll lend you them or get you a copy.
:cool:

Biker

I've got some plans for a homemade one using the back end of an old bike and a car drum brake at home. They were intended for Third World Countries (if its still PC to say that). Remind me before we meet up again and I'll lend you them or get you a copy.
:cool:

If you're offering to share this design could I include myself on that list, please? Sounds intriguing to say the least. I plan on making a pole lathe this summer. I've got plenty of stock photos for ideas but yours sounds weird enough to try as an alternative. When I say "weird" I mean it in the best possible taste. (Kenny Everett)

Good luck on the lathe Globetrotter.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
If you're offering to share this design could I include myself on that list, please? Sounds intriguing to say the least. I plan on making a pole lathe this summer. I've got plenty of stock photos for ideas but yours sounds weird enough to try as an alternative. When I say "weird" I mean it in the best possible taste. (Kenny Everett)

Good luck on the lathe Globetrotter.
See what I can do, but its several pages, so a lot of photocopying :eek:
Just been and done a copy. With the copying, putting it in a folder and postage it will cost about £5 if anyones interested

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE