wood stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
this is sort off a follow up from Biddlesby's thred but i was wondering if anyone has used any and how good they are for cooking on, would you say as good or better than a camp stove? i supose it could be lighter cuz u gather fuel when you get were your going.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
here is one I spotted the other day, I think they ship to the uk but I have no idea how much they would cost, I know Andy at ODC can get (not the same ones) but they are pretty expensive.. I also don’t think there is any circumstance when one of these could be could be considered lighter then a gas strove.. :)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
gaz_miggy said:
ahh erm no i was on about the little tin can ones that you can make lol small diffrence in size and prise i think :D
A hobo stove?
I made one with a small beer barrell but it didn't work too good, took an age to heat water.
The one I got from next works well :D

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
gaz_miggy said:
ahh erm no i was on about the little tin can ones that you can make lol small diffrence in size and prise i think :D

Just made a hobo stove out of a large coffee tin I'm trying it out this weekend and I'll let you know how it works

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
any way my original question has any one used one and are they efficiant they seams to methat if thay are anything like a kelly kettal theyll work realy well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE