wood carving tools 12 box set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
They look quite good. Very good for the price. I'll have to get some though to see how they perform Chrome vanadiun blades though? Will they keep an edge? Only one way to find out. Thanks for the head's up. On sale from Monday 3rd Oct.

Eric

Last edited:

JJJ

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2008
cumbria
Should be no problem with the steel, but the grind is terrible. Unless you want to spend alot of time reprofiling, they are best avoided.
In fact if you were new to carving they could put you off for life. Some of them have to be held vertically to make the cutting edge touch the wood. Then if you give the a tap, they just dent the surface. Some of the gouges move forward and produce a flat bottomed channel, not a V or U cut as their profile would suggest .
Its so unlike Lidl to sell tools this bad, I have assumed they have not realised how badly made they are , and so have emailed them. The alternative is that I have bought a duff set. I should know soon.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
I bought this set and for around €20 you can't go wrong, I thought.
I have no experience in woodworking, but I tried this one and I thought they could have been sharper, yes.
I'll try to sharpen them and see what happens....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE