Wood carving books, suggestions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
This book would be very similar. I am surprised at the current price though. It must have gone out of print.

I have borrowed this book in the past from the local library who obtained it on an inter library loan from somewhere down south
It is well worth borrowing and inspired me to carve this:
Kuska2.jpg

Rosco

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
west yorkshire
I would echo exactly what Mr Dazzler said re- the Sundqvist book.Before splashing out on the Llungberg book bare in mind it is not much of a "how to" book , but more of a collection of sketches and photos to use as templates for inspiration.
Cheers John

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Thanks for the suggestions folks. I just ordered the book that Robin reccommended from a site in Germany (I hope). I would love to get the Sundqvist book but the cheapest I can find it is £70, so I'm afraid it'll have to wait. I can't view the online books at the moment but am looking forward to giving them a try.
Thanks again
Heath

Rosco

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
west yorkshire
Drew Langsner's countryworkshops website is well worth checking out- there's a really comprehensive bowl carving tutorial as well as a forum and other interesting bits and pieces. I saw an early draft of Robin's spoon carving book and reckon it will fill the gap left by the Sundqvist book going out of print so I too look forward to publication.
Cheers John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE