WOLFMAN tonight at 20:00 on 5

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
The Wolfman (Documentary)
Time - 20:00 - 21:00 (1 hour long)
When - Friday 18th May on five
Fearless Shaun Ellis has been living with wolves for years; he feeds, sleeps and even thinks like them. Using behaviour learned from his pack, he now rehabilitates orphaned pups and enables them to live in the wild. But can Shaun's unique knowledge be used to save a group of Polish sheep-poaching wolves from the farmer's wrath?
(Followed by five news at 9, Subtitles)

I did a search and found no ref to wolfman and thought this was such a big ( and important ) to so many that i would post it here.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I am REALLY looking forward to this! Hopefully it will be accurate and informative and, by all accounts, this guy is passionate about what he does. May lead to more!

Outdoorsman

Feb 24, 2007
Wiltshire
I saw the advert for this and it looked like another programme about ferrel children e.c.t. But synopsis seems interesting, I'll deffinatly be watching

taylor27

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2007
northern ireland
that man has guts i seen when they growl in his face,now if that was anyone else they wouldnt be able to control ther bladder.but he is a good example of someone who is truly dedicated to what he does

Jan 22, 2006
uk
i thought i`d snogged a few dogs in my time but he took it to a new level.that said it was interesting viewing.
litefoot.

thanks - i just spat my tea all all over my wife's laptop!

i really liked the guy - but it was hillarious viewing, i'm still not 100% certain that it wasnt a spoof.
his love of nature and wolves is to be commended tho - great bloke. i think it was the west country side of things that made me laugh - i'm from there myself.
seeing him re-entering the wolf enclosure 'the way a real wolf would' by taking a leak on the boundry was a high point - it looked like they had caught him in the act and tacked on the 'this is important' afterwards.
more!

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Top show! Really enjoyed it, though the Mrs missed it and i forgot to tape it! I would rather be in a compound with those wolves than me when she get's back tonight!:puppy_dog

Feb 2, 2007
South London
I met him In coombe martin last time we camped down there.
He is genuine and a very nice bloke.
It was just before he went to poland. They had been filming during the day and were going back to do some more in the evenening. He offered to let us in to the park after hours as we had not had a chance that holiday to see the wolves as we had our dog with us.
It was a very hot week and there was no way I was going to leave him in the car or caged back where we were staying.
He was very complementery of our Utonagan Tika(thats our dog) as he looked a lot like one of his boys(thats his wolves). He looked like he was run off his feet, so we didnt want to impose that time, but next time we see him in coombe martin we will take him up on it.

We saw them in the wildlife zoo encloser the year before.
His boys are fantastic, they arnt scraggy mutts, but big healthy, powerful and impressive animals.

Apparently the weekends they run, howling with the wolves, are very good.

Gordon

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Fascinating program, but I couldn't help cringing when he was reciprocating the tongue action :yuck: - we all know what dogs lick to get rid of the taste of dogfood :eek: :yikes: :lmao:

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Was it a one-off or will there be more? I missed this one cos I was on my way to
Leek Wootton for the weekend. Have to confess I assumed he was a bit strange
but am happy to be proved wrong.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Loved the program and very much admired his work.....right up to the point when my wife told me about an interview she'd read with his wife just after he dumped her and his kids to live with "his boys".
Seemed like a nice bloke but I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned if a bloke can do that to his family then he's no man at all.

Just my opinion and maybe I don't have all the facts but it made a smashing program leave a slightly sour taste in my mouth.

Cheers,

Bam. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE