With thanks to Rod Paradise.. A few pics of some jewellery he commissioned from me.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Hi All..

I was lucky enough to receive a few orders of some jewellery items from Rod Paradise over the last couple of months and he has been kind enough to let me put some pics up of what I made for him :) These were all bought as xmas presents, and it's been a close call but all being well (after a certain postage incident) everything should be there on time for the big day!

First up are two of my tree pendants. One in sterling silver with turquoise beads and one in gold filled wire with amber and carnelian beads. Rod also requested a small rowan leaf to go with each tree as these are supposed to repel witches! (little did he know my email address begins with solitarywitch ;) ). I didn't get a picture of the trees with the leaves on, but they are pictured with the brooch further down.

silver.jpg

goldfill.jpg

He then commissioned a forget-me-not brooch in sterling silver. This was a first for me as I had never done a piece like this for a customer. The design was inspired by a drawing I saw on google images. It has five flowers of various sizes all individually hand pierce from sterling silver sheet and then soldered together, bent into shape and polished up. The pin is made from sterling silver wire and is meant to look like the stem when work vertically. I made two pins, one thick slightly blunted one for wearing with heavier garments and one thinner sharper one for wearing with more delicate items. The larger one is shown in the image (this was before the final polish as I wanted to show the leaves in this post). It is designed in a way such that it can be worn as a hair piece or a brooch using the thicker pin as it is curved to go over a pony tail.

brooch and leaves.jpg

Next he asked for the sterling silver and amethyst dreamcatcher necklace I had posted up here already. This is one of my favourite pieces I've made and I hope the recipient likes it just as much :)

dreamcatcher.jpg

And last but not least, another first for me - and I must admit the scariest commission I have done yet - a 9ct gold ivy leaf. I had never worked in gold before and can't describe how relieved I was that the leaf texture came out perfectly and I didn't end up ruining it as that would have been a rather costly mistake :)

leaf.jpg

I have said this to him already, but I am very grateful for the trust he put in me to get all these items to him in time for xmas. I had a few hitches along the way due to one thing and another but managed to get there in the end and he never complained once..so again Rod, thank you for your patience with these orders.. you have been a brilliant customer to work for and I hope you will let me know what everyone thinks of their gifts, good or bad :)

Rachael x

Attachments

• brooch.jpg
    brooch.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 27

mark

Forager
Dec 26, 2007
Stirlingshire
Those look lovely Rachael, my wife constantly gets comments and compliments about the tree pendant I got from you. She's just looked at these and really likes the look of dreamcatcher necklace.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nice :). Found your etsy shop and blagged you onto my FB site. I love this one and would like it (when I've got some dough) as an earing.

il_570xN.338513331.jpg

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Being a typical bloke, getting presents for the ladies in my life is a problem as I haven't a clue what to get, so Rachael has made Xmas very easy - but not totally easy.

That's the main present for Mother, Sister, Girlfriend's Mother & Girlfriend sorted - and because I showed my Girlfriend what I was getting for the mothers, she showed the pics to her Dad & he asked me to get the Ivy Leaf - again for the Mother-in-law(ish). So that's brownie points as well as Xmas sorted!!! :cool:

The only not totally easy part is the dreamcatcher's for my sister, but my Mum saw it and loved it - so I'll need to get one for her birthday now.....

Rachael's been great throughout all this, patiently putting up with me asking can you do this, that & the next thing. All the necklaces are beautiful, and the forget-me-nots for Sara (my girlfriend) are stunning, they're special to her as a memory of her gran, so the brooch will be something really special for her.

So if you want something special and unique, please think of Rachael, I can't recommend her enough!!!

Thanks Squishy!!! :You_Rock_

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys :)

TurboGirl - I've seen Rowanberry's beads, they are stunning :) I had a go at making my own last year, managed to make some nice pandora style beads for my mum. Ended up selling my equipment though as I didn't have the time to learn to do it properly and wanted to concentrate more on the jewellery. Would like to take it up again at some point though.

Rachael x

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I'm going to add to the general love-in here and say I got my wife a pair of dreamcatcher earrings (the match to the amethyst and silver necklace pictured above - funds unfortunately wouldn't stretch to the necklace as well) and that got me LOTS of brownie points.

Lovely work Rachael, may you sell many more. :cool:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I had a go at making my own last year, managed to make some nice pandora style beads for my mum. Ended up selling my equipment though as I didn't have the time to learn to do it properly ...
Yup, been to the same party lately, given my hothead torch away to a deserving cause in an attempt to feng shui my crafting :) We'll get back to these things when the time is right, squishy one, in the meantime, your work is gnarly :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I had a go at the lampwork too. Made my Mum some pandora bead type things with the silver grommets.:)

Had one explode on me...... wasn't ready for that... :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE