With great regret I have to announce...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
That I'm a total idiot!

For the last couple of years I have winged about how little woodland there is near me. Oh woe was me, its all dairy farms and picturesque fields and hedges. Worse fates have been known.

Today , after living here for 8 years, after travelling several hours most weekends to go walking in Snowdonia or the lakes, me and the wife went for a few miles round Delamere forest. Its a beautiful day and in truth I was absolutely awestruck with it. A fantastic mixed wood forest with a variety of habitats . I'm not the only one impressed because we spotted a few shelters just off the beaten tracks.

Total time from my front door to this thus far unvisited paradise? Less than 30 minutes.

That makes me an idiot in my view.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Wow - its easy to get lost in a big wood - be sure to carry"SURVIVAL" kit if you go for a walk there...you might get benighted!:D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Didn't somebody used to organise a meet down there ? Can't remember who it was but might be worth having a search and finding out if you can get permission to play.

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
Wow - its easy to get lost in a big wood - be sure to carry"SURVIVAL" kit if you go for a walk there...you might get benighted!:D

And I thought I had a devious mind!

Q" What are you doing here pal?"

A"Oh thank God you found me, I thought I was going to die in here, with all this bushy food, a hobo stove and my tarp."

Genius. To be honest its just great to have some woodland to walk round sit and chill for an hour or so.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Didn't somebody used to organise a meet down there ? Can't remember who it was but might be worth having a search and finding out if you can get permission to play.

Just remembered it was Goose who used to organise the meets there, I've also just remembered he's not allowed to play on here anymore :cool:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Just remembered it was Goose who used to organise the meets there, I've also just remembered he's not allowed to play on here anymore :cool:

I'm sure that if Goose sorted the issues with those involved in the passaround, and they contacted Tony on his behalf, then the red card could be lifted.

cheers,
Toddy

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Love Delamere, plenty of space to get lost in. Ninja'd there one cold, cold February
smiley_freezing.gif

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That was Delamere Scout Camp, Delamere Forest isn't too far away though. I think apart from Goose being very busy (partly the reason the pass around went a bit awry) the obvious lack of trust on our part here has probably embarrassed him to such an extent that he doesn't want to come back. You could say the same for that well known outdoor equipment seller that had a run of bad luck, partly avoidable mind, that then couldn't fulfil orders and disappeared with other peoples' money. I was on that pass around and if I hadn't forgotten to take the pass around knives and Jo'annes (my daughter) bag at the last Delamere meet and the last time I saw Andy then none of this would have happened. I doubt the clothes would fit Jo'anne now!

I paid into the pass around and it was such a paltry amount that I really didn't care to be honest. It would, on the other hand, be good to see my friend again.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
your spot on spam, life's too short and all that, if the old bugger ever gets to read any of these posts i hope he know's there's always a welcome round the fire for him.

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
I would say given the size of the country/UK most people are well within an hours drive of a decent sized wood.

I live in east anglia, flattest, least wooded part of the country. Several large sized woods within an hour, sandringham estate to name one.

Problem as always with permissions but a little creativity, give and take and that should be easily overcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE