Nimby!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
And how come population problems is connected to a campsite?

(Is it just me or are others cringing at the idea of hobbit holes??)

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
I hate the noise of the dirtbikes that occasionaly tear up the back lane. The brats riding them have no consideration for anyone else too. They want to go 'fast', they don't want to let anyone else past (the lane is used by elderly dogwalkers, grandparents pushing buggies, etc.,) one cretin knocked one of my neighbours off her feet and into the hedgerow as he skidded round the bend and caught her wee dog's leash with his boot :rolleyes:
I freely admit I have lost any tolerance for them. It's a footpath, it's a nature walk; if Mummy and Daddy can afford to buy you a bike they can damned well afford to take you to a proper site and not use paths folks are walking on that run right next to houses and gardens.

Do you think if they silenced the engines the brats would still think they were so cool ?

Sorry if I'm offending you XRV John, but these riders are brats in every sense of the word.

M

Hear hear.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Would be interesting to read the full transcript of the application. If it's a few small hobbit houses say no bigger than one bed flat or large bedsit then I guess it would be ok. However if they've got a larger perminant structure planned that has several bedrooms, full kitchen and spacious living area etc then there's always the possibility the intention is not to provide quirky holiday lets but rather to circumvent planning restrictions and create a highly desireable property for sale at a later date.

Last edited:

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
I hate the noise of the dirtbikes that occasionaly tear up the back lane. The brats riding them have no consideration for anyone else too.

Sorry if I'm offending you XRV John, but these riders are brats in every sense of the word.

Not offended. I loathe people who ride motorbikes inappropriately and annoy others. Young kids ragging round streets on loud small bikes annoy the hell out of me. Wheelies on public roads. Those cheap Chinese quad bikes are the craze at the moment. Luckily it's winter so they aren't out but once the weather warms up they'll be out. There is a place for everything and they should be on a dirt bike track.

But then I can imagine parents with kids getting jumpy about people wandering around with big knives and axes! ;)

John

Last edited:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Would be interesting to read the full transcript of the application. If it's a few small hobbit houses say no bigger than one bed flat or large bedsit then I guess it would be ok. However if they've got a larger perminant structure planned that has several bedrooms, full kitchen and spacious living area etc then there's always the possibility the intention is not to provide quirky holiday lets but rather to circumvent planning restrictions and create a highly desireable property for sale at a later date.

Planning hasn't been put in yet. Looking at the site, I think it would be difficult to put houses in, especially drainage and I don't think the owners would want to have people permanently living in their garden. Worth bearing in mind, though.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
(Is it just me or are others cringing at the idea of hobbit holes??)

They're not aiming for hard core survivalist types, but those who might want to get back to nature, without having to be uncomfortable. It's more of a boutique hotel than camping, although by the local reaction you'd think they were bringing in hordes of travellers (who have their own site about a mile away anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE