Wiston Lodge Lanark

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Barn Owl, Friday 9th - Sunday 11th
Toddy, Friday 9th - Sunday 11th
Morch Friday 9th - Sunday 11th
Scout Friday 9th - Sunday 11th
Jinsin - Saturday 10th - Sunday 11th ..... SWMBO dependant
Eric Methven and Cameron - Friday or Saturday (dependant on Cam getting off school) until Sunday.
Jag009 -Friday 9th - Sunday 11th
gsfgaz and Sean , fri ti sun

Last edited by a moderator:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Eric Methven and Cameron - Friday or Saturday (dependant on Cam getting off school) until Sunday.
Coln18 Friday to Sunday......

Well done Tam, it seems ages since we have all met up, good lad.

scottforsythe1

Forager
Oct 5, 2009
greenock
scottforsythe fri to sun

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Ok folks...

I've spoken to Wiston and we can go on the dates stated.

PLEASE NOTE, WE CANNOT HAVE ALCOHOL ON SITE.

This is due to there being vulnerable youngsters also camping,which is Wistons main purpose.

I have no problem with this and tbh could do with a rest from the drink,whereby I might actually make something useful. Lol

Fees are £6 pp per night, which is the same price as a couple of years ago.

They can provide a load of wood for us at £20, which would save us hauling same from the woods.

Hammocking is available too.

If we are all agreed on No alcohol on site, the fees and chipping in for the wood please say so and I'll submit the official booking form to Jonathan at Wiston.

RSVP asap please.

Tom.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'll just bring the big kettle and the brewbox :D

If I bring my firebowl and the tripods, etc., it makes things easy.
I've also got a smaller firebowl for Sniper from Russ. If John doesn't make the meet will someone who lives closer to him take it home please so he has a chance at getting it this side of the New Year?

cheers,
M

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Sounds good. 2 hours drive up but think I can make it. Yep! Just checked and I'm free so will take the plunge again. If it's ok can I come with either tent or tarp and bivvy.

Will be second meet up so I'll come the Friday since I missed all the fun at Comrie on the Friday night there in June. Obviously no alcohol so possibly no air guitars round the fire early in the morning / late at night.

BTW if anyone wants a lift up from North Lancs / South Cumbria on the Friday afternoon let me know. Got a little estate car that can probably fit another person's gear in too. Just need to get some new gear for it now.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Nice one Paul.

Tent, tarp,b ivy, or hammock, there's a place for any of them.

Don't need alcohol to enjoy some air guitar, I'll perform if the tunes good.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Remember we have use of toilet and shower facilities if there are any partners who wish to come but aren't used to roughing it.

I can take Johns bowl Mary.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Excellent :) I'll put it into the car then.

Soup weather do you think ? I could pack the big pot too, get it on early and there'll be a bite to eat.

Is there anything any one particularly wants to make/focus on ?
I've got four stones bored out to make pump drills but I need to make spindles. It'd be good to have them finished ? make the assorted tips too ?

cheers,
M

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I am new to the skills side of bushcraft (well campcraft side and a few bits apart) so I have to admit I'm going to see what goes on at meets. I have no doubt whatever people do will most likely be new to me. Also be good to put some more faces to people on here.

Barn Owl - As for the good music for air guitar I'll bring my work phone. Can't guarantee good music but it has a reasonable speaker and battery to it so I can play the music I have on it. I hope people aren't put off by punk. The Clash through to Cash and some obscure stuff in between. Still don't know where I got some burning spear from. :D

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
I should have posted sooner - apologies!

I'm rather unlikely to make the Friday (work, then public transport) but I'd love to come down for the Saturday only. Probably arrive at about mid-day and leave about 6 ish?

I'm happy to bring some green woodworking kit if anyone is interested?

Cheers

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Great stuff Ian.

It's just that they've asked me to do a booking form via the web site.

Think it's just for overnight numbers.

You won't need to pay ocht for a day visit buddy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE