Wisport Gear. Long term opinions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Quite interested in what Wisport has to offer. Rucksacks etc.

Has anyone got gear by them, had it a while and given it a fair use in most outdoor scenarios?

What have you got and what do you think?

Reactions: Erbswurst

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I have one of their sacks
not seen a hard life but still works with no broken bits and seems fine to me.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I have a Wisport Sparrow 20 and I've had it at least 5 years.
Still in perfect nick, and I would happily buy one again and have no reservation in recommending one to anyone else.
What I like abut them is they have resisted the temptation to carve up the compartments into ever smaller compartments. Something that some other manufacturers seem powerless to resist (I'm looking at you, 5.11). Which means you have just the right amount of compartmentalisation and each space is usable.
I am actually thinking of asking Santa if I can have a Sparrow 30 for Christmas this year, but I'm not convinced I've been good enough.
Here's mine in use...

50589283572_df1b32ebf8_z.jpg

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Here's the review i did of my sack when i got it.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Got the Sparrow 30, beautifully made and tough as heck. I use mine a lot for rucking and have 15kg in it and it doesn't blink - will last a lifetime.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Great Thanks, thats encouraging. I only ask because they seem to be quite high prices, but if the gear is good then....

I did the classic "buy cheap buy twice" on several bags when i could have got a decent fair priced one that would last in the first place.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
That has nothing to do with Wisport.

It's just a superior design and built quality.

This Rucksack is currently made by HEIM in Germany according to Bundeswehr specifications.

I have several 30 years old exemplaries which look as new, just a bit brighter.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE