"Winter" Hammocking Experiment (Coccoon)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Glad its working out for you Wayland, that does look very toasty.
Spinewater's certainly the place for testing it, I was cold there in June! :)

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Nice combo-usage there Wayland!
I nearly always use my cocoon, although come winter I pop in my SF2 to keep me warm when it goes sub-zero. This summer I acquired a reasonably priced secondhand underquilt, so I reckon I'll be giving your combo a try.
Did you use anything to lay over yourself, such as a blanket?

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I used the 'Wayland' set up at Rough Close for the first time on the Saturday night (having obtained the coccoon during Saturday). I had been cold during Friday night with a Snugpak under blanket and quilt (although most people seemed to have been fine so I must be nesh).

Saturday night was much colder than the Friday night but I was nice and toasty with tehaddition of the coccoon - so much so that I am looking forward to using it again.

Main problem I had was the tiny one of zipping up when inside the coccoon - would be much easier if there was a 'pull' thingy on the inside as well as the outside. May be possible to araldite (other brands of glue are available) somethiing on.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Glad to see you were warm enough Gary.
As most of you will now know the Quilt and the Underblanket are now avaiable from all Snugpack dealers, worldwide.

The Coccoon is undergoing a rethink, re; length, bagginess and zip snagging.I haven't given up on this. Hopefully will be in Summer Catalogue.

Ian.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
They really are top pieces of kit Ian. I used one regularly on my DD Frontline. Sadly I've moved on to a Hennessy now, and I've not got round to trying it yet. I'd be very keen to see the new improved version in the future.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE