Wine making book.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
A friend of mine has just give me a really good book about winemaking,Its called, First steps in winemaking by CJJ Berry. The list of wines in it is endless, from tea wine to Mead, Coffee rum,Gorse wine, oak leaf wine and one that sounds really nice is Ribena wine. I need to get hold of some equipment from a shop in Stockport and then I think I might have a go.

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
I have the same book as with many others, very easy to make a good wine up. I have done this for a few years now, great fun.

Don

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
it looks good, just reding through it now there are some exciting recepes.

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
The shop in Stockport is very good, an Alladins den of contraptions and ingredients.

If you're after glass demijohns it might be an idea to ring up first as I was told they won't be getting any more in as the supplier stopped making them.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have that book too. Its one of the very few books that is actually "readable" on the subject. I like its old home charm and the number of cardigans involved in the photos. It reminds me of my Grandad (and me these days :eek:).

Simon mate, I have everything Mr Berry mentions in kilo quantities, so if you want a few spoons of Malic acid or yeast nutrient or whatever, just drop me a PM

Red

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
That would be great Red thanks. I am going to have a look at what I am going to make tonight, I might drop you a PM tommorow if thats ok.

Thanks.

Simon.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
There is a better shop in middleton cheaper and I have found better with their advice. The owners gave up good well paid jobs to buy the shop when the previous owner was selling up to retire. As they didnt want to see it shut down and they have a real passion for brewing. They are great to talk to and have all the toys.

http://www.homebrewkits.co.uk/10326/info.php?p=1&pno=0

I have been to the stockport one a few times and there other shop 'julies home brew shop ' and they are ok I just prefer the old school charm and chattiness ( if thats a word) of the middlton shop.

if you need anything give me a shout.

Greg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE