Windshirt

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I recently made a Ventile shirt for a member here. There was some material left over so I decided to make something up for myself. I'd often eyed up, and heard good reports of, the Snugpak and Buffalo windshirts so thought that something on those lines might be nice. Keeping it natural I used some wool/cashmere fabric from another project to line it. I

I'm happy with the result although it's a bit on the warm side for the top of the Summer. I'm thinking it will be the DBs later in the year and see it getting plenty of use.

VWS1.jpgVWS3.jpgVWS2.jpg

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
very nice work mate, from what i've been told ventile is an absolute nightmare to work with

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Thank you for your comments.

Yes, It's the one I wore at Brokkers.

It can be a pain, particularly with the speed it blunts needles, but if you go careful it's straightforward enough. You have to go careful as making a bo££ocks of something can be an expensive business. Multiple thicknesses are hard work and it's unbridled torture to sew by hand.

It is hard to make something like this without it looking a lot like something else.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
That tick all the boxes, looks good, is practical, should work fine. If it ever goes into production, put me down for one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE