Windshield

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I am looking at improvements to my hobo and I am thinking of adding a windshield that can roll up inside a billie. Please can someone suggest a source for the right item or what metal is best.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
the windshields i use are made out of those thick foil-like oval trays/platters you can get cheap from places like poundland/99p stores/asda sell a pack of two also, they seem to vary in thickness from different shops, i'm not talking about those thin foil ones like pie dishes etc that don't last five minutes but the thick large platter types that are quite robust, they are big enough to cut to size and two can be joined together for extra length if required, i always turn the edge over a couple of millimetres and stick down with superglue as the edge can otherwise be quite sharp if you don't. These last well, easily fold away, and are lighter in weight than metal ones.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
ditto - i made one from an aluminium baking tray (disposable type) flattened out and cut to size. I folded the edges over twice and smoothed down with a piece of wood onto a worksurface to make a tight seam - no glue required on mine. rolls up inside my billy.

Dom.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
cheapo tin foil folded over and over, flexible and light. you can fold the ends over and make pegging loops plus you can cook with it ;)

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Thanks guys I will try them out, I have to go out today and replace the meat shewer from the kitchen so I will hunt around my £1 shop for some bargains

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE