wind up radio recommenations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I am looking for a world band wind up radio. Something portable and not too expensive limit of around £40.

I have been looking around on ebay and amazon but would like some first hand knowledge.

Last edited:

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Anything digital kills batteries so I don't imagine they are much cop with windups either, in fact personally I wouldn't bother with a wind up radio at all. I have a little battery powered radio and the batteries last for ages.
Oh and avoid any radio with a built in digital clock, the batteries dont seem to last well and they are a pain in the backside because its far too easy to accidentally knock the buttons which put them into sleep mode, alter the alarm time, whatever so they switch off or come on at random times.
Not sure about specific makes but I see people winding their radios a fair bit on site and they don't seem to last very long at all on a charge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE