Wind up MP3 player

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
My local Netto has 4 (at the last count) of these 1GB mp3 player / torches for £4

Happy to send out at cost if anyone wants one - estimate £6 inc delivery.

Snozz

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Why anyone would want a wind up anything is beyond me when batteries in modern day electronic items like LED torches and MP3 players last for ages, and if the item draws that much power to drain the batteries quickly, then in any respect you would be winding for eternity... sorry, just personal opinion- wind up items wind me up!

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
This charges from USB on your PC. The wind up is just there as an extra power source. I've had one a while and it lasts for about 5 hours solid listening. Yes, I know ipods last much longer, but they don't cost £4!

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
This charges from USB on your PC. The wind up is just there as an extra power source. I've had one a while and it lasts for about 5 hours solid listening. Yes, I know ipods last much longer, but they don't cost £4!

Ah- i must have missed that it could be charged up via USB as well. In that case, £4 is very cheap! I suppose my view of wind yup items is forever tainted by my experience of scouts constantly wirring away on their wind up torches as i'm trying to teach them, and then finding them incapable to do any task after dark due to their torches running out of juice every 30 seconds!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Always thought wind up items should use pull cords rather than crank handles. They would be much quicker to power up.

Good Idea. Only reason I can think against it is that you'd require more space for the Pull cord to 'reel'.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
The idea is great but 1GB not big enough. I agree that cheap wind up stuff needs rethinking.

Regards the MP3 why no SD slot? 1GB would drive you nuts after five hours. Just done some data punching and had to use my MP3 to get some peace, everything on my MP3 is getting replaced had enough of it after three times.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE