Willow ladle and...

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Ok new spoon I am working up trying a real ladle for the first time. Found a nice piece of weeping willow that was screaming to be one lol here's a few shots so far. just some rough axe work on it as of now

100_3519.jpg

100_3520.jpg

100_3521.jpg

100_3522.jpg

And this shot I just made a killer score of some birch from a neighbor had a couple small dead trees the wood it very solid. This is not all of it either he still has the rest of the trunks to take down and I guess size wise they have to be in the neighborhood of 6 to 8 inches at the widest point. the trunks are going to be reserved for kuksas but this pic is a ton of future spoonage :D

100_3523.jpg

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Nice start mate, and well done on the score of birch.

I found a lovely bit of birch just like that, that had been taken down on a footpath when I was walking the dog. A few years later, it became a ladle. I used a side branch as the handle and the main trunk as the bowl.

Here's a pic:
IMGP5571.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
That's coming on nicely, and looks like it will have lots of character.

These things should not be rushed. I've got a bowl I've been working on since january.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
That's coming on nicely, and looks like it will have lots of character.

These things should not be rushed. I've got a bowl I've been working on since january.

Thanks Mate. Love to see some pics of your bowl if you have any. I have a kuksa I been working on myself for about a good couple months off and on part due to weather being winter and all. I have had people ask me how long it will take to make them that are getting them as trades and said depends really on the weather and how my arm is holding up LMAO :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE