Willow Bowl

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Got my latest Willow Bowl finished off today, i started this about a week or so ago and have been waiting for the wood to dry out sufficiently so i could move on to the next stage in it's manufacture

DSCN7241.jpg

Thankfully the weather has been on my side for change and the warm, dry weather we have experienced this week has certainly helped to dry the bowl blank out.

So this afternoon, i got the sand paper out, yes, i used sand paper for this one, and i spent a little bit of time, sitting out in the sunshine, sanding it down, inside and out, the result is the bowl in the pictures,

DSCN7415.jpg

DSCN7420.jpg

DSCN7413.jpg

Pretty pleased with this one, even more so when my neighbour saw it and insisted i made it on a lathe, not bad for a bowl that was made with nothing more than an adze, axe and gouge and a just a little bit of sand paper.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
rubbish...you made that on a lathe! you should come visit and i'll show you how to carve properly!

stunning m8....love it!

a

ps....kepis...i know i shouldnt add this but i'm a glutton....when i was on bodmin coupla weeks back i decided to have a go at making something....ended up in the fire lololol!

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
rubbish...you made that on a lathe! you should come visit and i'll show you how to carve properly!

stunning m8....love it!

a

ps....kepis...i know i shouldnt add this but i'm a glutton....when i was on bodmin coupla weeks back i decided to have a go at making something....ended up in the fire lololol!

Cheers mate, ok, i give in it was a lathe, hang on, no it wasnt, i used Deer & Beaver teeth really:), i will be down your part of the world soon i think, so you can teach me how to carve then, dont forget the special seat ive been promised by little un though, i'll get upset if i cant use it. :lmao:

BeerHunter

Tenderfoot
Jul 12, 2012
England
Wow, lovely looking bowl.

Do you mind if I asked where you got the timber? You said it needed drying out, so I'm guesing it was "green"? Did you source it from woodland yourself, or is it possible to buy commercially?

Thanks

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lol....no worries m8....pop round and have a brew indeed...but on one condition....that i am allowed to take a pic of you sat in the thomas chair and post in on bcuk!

Cheers mate, ok, i give in it was a lathe, hang on, no it wasnt, i used Deer & Beaver teeth really:), i will be down your part of the world soon i think, so you can teach me how to carve then, dont forget the special seat ive been promised by little un though, i'll get upset if i cant use it. :lmao:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
thaks foir the comments chaps

@Big Stu - post yoys up when you get it done

@Wayne - Thanks mate, will pop over and see you at Amberley some time

@Beerhunter - this timber came from a Tree Surgeon mate of mine the day he dismantled the tree, but i also harvest timber direct from my woods as well

@Seoras - Thanks George

@Angst - Deal, but my conditionm is you help me get up out of the thing afterwards:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE