William Lennon boots.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tim B

Oct 26, 2013
North Cornwall
I am looking to get a new pair of boots for dog walking, ferreting, shooting and generally mooching around in. I would like to buy a pair of leather ones and have been looking at the William Lennon website. Does anyone have any advice on which boots might be suitable and whether I should go for the full grain leather ones. Any help gratefully received as they aren't cheap but look like they will last and can be resoled. Thanks Tim

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Mmmm...I fancy a pair myself! There's a thread on here somewhere about them, I think it might be Robin Wood? Have a search and let me know how you get on :)

Tim B

Oct 26, 2013
North Cornwall
Have had a look at the thread about boots. They look great but there isn't much info so I think I'll phone the company and see what they suggest. Then I'll take the plunge!

Tim B

Oct 26, 2013
North Cornwall
No, there was one where they had been mentioned but not in detail. Thanks for your help swotty.:) Sounds from this thread that they are just what I'm looking for. Not sure whether to go for the zug grain field boots or the traditional work boot. Guess it's time for a phone call.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
My brother has worn a pair of the Shepherd's boots for over fifteen years now and they've never let him down; no wet feet, blisters or anything other than comfort and he walks between eight and twelve miles a day over all sorts of terrain. He's had them re-soled by Lennons twice at a very reasonable cost, so say they've cost him £300; in that time I've spent well over five times that at least, for the same comfort and service............go figure, as they say!

The only reason I haven't gone down the same route is the weight of them and the break-in time but that's only 'cause I'm an old git now! :)

galopede

Forager
Dec 9, 2004
Gloucestershire
I have three pairs of Lennons. One pair I bought from them, the trad work boots, then I was so impressed with them I then found a brand new pair of their Ammo Boots on the bay and then a pair of the Tug'o'war boots.

The trad work boots and the ammo boots have vibram commando soles while the tug'o'wars have a triple leather sole. They also came with an iron horshoe on the heels! I had them replaced with rubber by the local cobbler as I have wood floors!

The trad work boots and the ammo boots are the most comfortable. I have diabetes and the ammo boots are the only boot/shoe I can stand round in all day! The tug'o'war boots are very heavy in the sole.

The ammo boots are in a grained black leather. The guy I bought them from on the bay had them made to order with that leather. The trads have a softer, greasy leather and the tugs are a polished leather.

Any one pair of the boots will see me out and possibly my son too!

They are real boots made in the old fashioned way and do need breaking in. They were surprisingly comfy out of the box but are getting better all the time.

The ammo boots aren't on their web site but they do make them. Also it doesn't say on the site but they will make any of their boots in various leathers and with higher or lower tops as you wish. Every boot is made to order so it isn't a problem for them. Fancier leathers will cost a little more of course. I'm told they will even line the boots with soft leather if you want but I'm happy with them as they came. I found out after ordering my first pair that they will send out a swatch of available leathers if you ask! Libby at Lennon's will do her best to get you what you want.

Gareth

Jun 3, 2014
glasgow
lowa boots are by far the best boots ive bought for everything you have mentioned above the are comfy and fit well also good support round the ankles . I have the goretex ones and there totally waterproof and they last forever also you can pick up a pair for £160 maybe cheaper if you look around . I had a pair when I was in the army and had them for years I only wrecked them when I was working in concrete with them on but I have another pair now and they are brilliant.

also what I do is get the inner tube of a bike ( try and find a wide tube ) and put it over my boots and onto my leg and you could jump in the ocean with these boots on and still come out with dry feet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE