Wille Sundqvist

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Many folk will have heard the name Wille Sundqvist. He is one of my craft heroes and wrote a wonderful book called Swedish carving technique published by Taunton and imported in small numbers to the UK in 1991. It caused quite a few of us green woodworkers to turn away from Windsor chairs and do other stuff instead, carving spoons bowls etc. Wille was concerned that the self sufficient lifestyle and skills such as axe and knife use that were commonplace in his youth were rapidly dying out. The book aimed to teach those skills in a step by step way, there is also lots of wonderful life philosophy too that many here would probably feel empathy with.
Wille is getting on now and doesn't travel or teach any more but he sent a wonderful short video message with his son Jogge who was speaking and teaching at spoonfest. So for folk that have heard about him here is a very short clip.
[video=youtube_share;J6QWxRnwQAc]http://youtu.be/J6QWxRnwQAc[/video]
I have lots to thank Wille for but this photo is one of my fondest memories, teaching my kids to carve Darlana horses at the national folk craft school Saterglantan. They are 15 and 18 now and still carve.
Saterglantan3%2B(10)e

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE