Will be off line for a few days

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I'm sure everyone will understand Tom, the most imprtant thing is you and your family. My sincere condolences to you all.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry to hear that Tom. The important thing is to take time for your family and yourself. I strongly doubt anyone here would grudge you that.

Thinking of you and hope you take time to remember all the good stuff, it's how they live on in our hearts.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Heartfelt sympathies and sincerest condolences for you and your family,Tom.
Really sorry to read this; I knew he was ill, but hoped he'd recover.
Mind him as he was when he felt like himself. Best way for the boys to mind Grandpa too.

Time for family, time to help, and you know we're here when you need to just sit and chill out for a few minutes.

atb,
M

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Thanks for the very kind words. I've managed to get to 45 before losing anyone I was close to so I'm more of a flake than I thought I'd be, especially after such a long illness with an inevitable conclusion. Ill spare you all the details but popping into the forum does help me take my mind of things for a bit. Main thing is keeping my @@@@ together for my mum.

Looking into getting a tree to plant out back. They do it at the crems garden of remembrance but that's a long way from where we live. Ashes we'll take to the Crich Memorial some sunny day when the winds blowing from the west good and strong.

All the very best

tom

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Sorry to hear your news Tom, it is never any easier even if you are expecting it. Mum has two trees in her garden, one for my brother and one for my Dad it is a very nice way to commemorate their time here and give a lot of joy when they blossom.
My thoughts are with you and yours, Rob.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
My sincere condolences mate.
We may lose a loved one but the memories will never best lost.
A nice idea to plant a tree in memory,i had a tattoo with a poem that will be with me forever.

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers folks.

Herself has ordered me a sessile oak from Ashbridge, it's to be delivered day after tomorrow along with a stake, rooting powder etc. When I know it's taken I'll do a plaque.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE