Will be off line for a few days

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yeah, it seamed the most apt for the conditions here and his character. When the lads get home from school we'll prepare the site. Just to make it easier to maintain we'll dig in a ring of stones about 3 foot dia so we'll get no where near it with the weed whacker and mark out where to hand weed. 'Will probably surround with bark chippings as I've a aversion to bare soil.

I'm going to finally reframe his medals and badges and add the Pingat Jasa he was given a few years back. I'll incorporate a portrait photo he had done out east. I'll confess I haven't done it and put it up yet as it would have looked a bit like a shrine and with him being so ill for so long it was to me like tempting fate. I'd framed them for him years ago but after his last bad bout three years or so back he insisted I have them along with the album I'd made up for him. I'll print off his service history and laminate it onto the reverse of the frame like I did for his brothers medals and photo.

'Keeping busy and making as much of a fuss of me mam as she'll tolerate is helping a lot

Cheers all.

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE