Wildlife Garden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
I live in the Eastend of London,Dagenham to be precise.Approximately 12 years ago I gave over about 7m x 5m of the garden to wildlife,sectioned off by treallis and a gate.I planted a Rowan,Cherry,Hawthorn and a Lilac and a couple of Buddelias and various wild flowers,in the center, a pond about 2m x 4m.At the back of this part of the garden I put a shed raised about 80cm on decking where we sit in the summer and have BBQs this is reached by a bridge across the pond.Over the years wildlife have found there home here firstly frogs and toads than Damsel and Dragon Flies then the newts appeared.Then the various birds turned up Wood Pigeon,Jays,Green Finches even Heron.Then 2 years ago we started getting squirrels and this morning it appears that we have a foxes earth under the decking and a entrance near the Rowan tree,as there was a vixen with 3 cubs treating this as there home.We were all excited by this discovery.If any of you saw the programme on telly the other night in Anchorage,Alaska concerning the local wildlife not quite the same,as they got Brown and Black Bear,Moose,Wolves and Bald Eagles in the gardens but you can see where Im coming from.
Clayton

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
you lucky so and so, i have just started gardening for wildlife, so far i have put up feeders, made a pond, made a log pile and planted loads of seeds which the wildlife will love
leon

Wild garden is closer for ours, althogh we do have some birds nesting, (Robin, finches, etc).
6 Leylandi which need to go (but not till later in the year as Black birds are nesting in them) as they have run riot, more bramble than you can shake a stick at, Holly, Ash, Labernum, Pear and Birch, Hazel and the list goes on infact when I've finished my coffee I plan to make a start clearing some of it, (mainly the bramble) in an attempt to have a useable garden but still a wild one if you know what I mean?.
Busy afternoon and evening ahead I fear.
Cheers Tim

Graywolf said:
Tim,
At least the weather is ideal at the moment for tidying up the garden,sounds like you live in a nice area.
Clayton

Welsh valley Clayton, it's beautiful to be fair reclaimed from industrial use after the miners strike in 84 I'll attempt to bung some pics up later today (got to make the most of the weather though.
Cheers Tim

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i hope to change my garden into this, it will include birch, hazel etc and will be great for the wildlife, well that of the mother lets me lol
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE