Wild camping with a twist.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Thought I would share a few pics of a trip me and a old mate did last year. It was great fun and we are probably going to do it again this year. We started in winchester and finished in eastborne. The dress was a excellent way of attracting attention and taking peoples loose change, all for help the heroes.
Not alot of bushcraft involved but wild camping it was, great fun.

002.jpg

007.jpg

017.jpg

011.jpg

This blister happened on the first day and made my life a little uncomfortable
032.jpg

061.jpg

104.jpg

112.jpg

115.jpg

121.jpg

At last Beer
122.jpg

Hope you like,we enjoyed it.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Looks like good fun, hot but fun :)

Nasty blister, were they new boots ?

No they were not new boots, they have done some miles including the three peaks with out a problem. I blamed it on a cheap pair of socks I bought from go out doors. My mate had a cheap pair of steel toe capped work boots on and he never had a problem, typical.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Good effort I hope you raised loads of dinars.
Shame about the blister you should have got a pair of caligae and ditched the socks.

Just had to google caligae , it is my mate who is Roman mad. A pair of roman marching boots. I would not of been surprised if they would of been ok, they certainly had it right. The weather was very hot but the clothing was surprisingly cool. I would recommend wearing a skirt or dress for any long tab in the summer, nice having a bit of a breeze wondering around,well you know what. May be thats the way forward , all bushcrafters and wild campers during summer months wearing dresses. It might catch on.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Looks like great fun! How much did you raise?

Just over £2500, mostly collected on route. What we noticed was as most people were out for a days walk or cycle they had no change and only a note in there pocket in case of emergency I guess, but most were departing with those notes.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, that looks wonderful.

more productive (and less filling the house with junk) than my fathers charity work.

We have raised a lot of money for Guide Dogs for the blind in 30 years...and had a lot of pictures of Dogs put up in the village hall.

but now the parish council have said we are clogging up their refubished hall, and to take them down.

Which is so unfair, as a village we are a caring lot; and its nice to see our works when you go in the lobby of the hall.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Just had to google caligae , it is my mate who is Roman mad. A pair of roman marching boots. I would not of been surprised if they would of been ok, they certainly had it right. The weather was very hot but the clothing was surprisingly cool. I would recommend wearing a skirt or dress for any long tab in the summer, nice having a bit of a breeze wondering around,well you know what. May be thats the way forward , all bushcrafters and wild campers during summer months wearing dresses. It might catch on.

Maybe the kilt is what you are after, although i doubt the traders along the Antonine wall had a choice of tartans. What was the weight of the armour out of interest:yikes:

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Well done guys great job . A good laugh a good walk and a good cause !

were those genuine roman bungee cords ?

Craig..............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE