Wild Camping & the Law.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lostdreamer

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2007
Wmids
Vagrancy Act 1935, Section 1(4)
<snip>
I don’t think the average “wild camper” has anything to fear
Brilliant. That answers that quite neatly I think. A high five for Mr Yeoman, good going that man.

As for “Travellers” and their caravans and vehicles as mentioned earlier, their actions amount to more than simple trespass, as they are in effect “taking possession of and taking up residence on land” when they encroach. That’s why it usually takes Court Orders to move them on.
That also answers that quite thoroughly an all. They are not 'wild camping', they are doing something entirely different so the fact that they do does not indicate that we can!

Everyone was entirely correct from the outset - wild camping IS illegal in england & wales, and now we know why.

We are left with that rather neat ABCD. Which is a great bit of advice, and credit to the folks for coming up with it!

Right then, next stage: how do I get permission? Does anyone know/have any ideas how I should approach, say, the Forestry Commission or a Park Authority and get their ok?

Thanks again.
TTFN
LD

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Personally i'd email them so that if you are successful you can print off the response and take it as evidence with you, if someone tries to move you on.

Good luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE