Wild Camping Near Manchester...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 30, 2009
Kettering
Hi,

I am looking for a suitable place to go in to the wild for a couple of days with a friend. If it could be within a couple of hours of Manchester that would be great. It needs to be kind of easy going as I have pretty poor navigational skills, we would want a fire for sure.

Thank you for any suggestions you might have!

Jack

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Hi There

There are a lot of the Northern crew at Middlewood Scout Camp this weekend near Worsley so you may get a limited responce till Monday

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
bit dodgy i know, but i use google earth to find my camping spots. i just look for trees near a river/lake in my area. obviously its best to get permission from the landowner but i just follow the "leave no trace" rule and i haven't had any problems so far!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
except for firewood they use cars and for campfire songs its bad rap music or that silly thing that passes for chart pop...

tbh tho the kids are soft compared to my great aunt, she used to scare the living daylights out of the kids round there heh.

Jan 30, 2009
Kettering
Moss side would be great, but there is a serious risk of coming in contact with actual northerners. I as thinking of somewhere more remote.... but cheers ( :

MancsMan

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2008
Manchester
Wythenshawe park, has a few good spots, but I believe there is a Mad guy who wanders around it and this site masquerading as a warden..... :p

Jan 30, 2009
Kettering
I presume that must be you?... I have had a little google search and it looks a little commercial, are there many remote areas, or would we be better off getting lost on the pennines? Cheerz!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Wythenshawe park, has a few good spots, but I believe there is a Mad guy who wanders around it and this site masquerading as a warden..... :p

wythinshawe park?
seriously?

m8 i grew up in woodhouse park, there's NO WAY i'd stay in wyth. hehe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE